Friday, August 6, 2010

I am walking three miles a day this week. Yesterday a funny thing happened at the end of my walk.

After my first mile with my new shoes I noticed some muscles starting to strain. Not a good thing on the first mile. I read somewhere that muscles can constrict because they are in need of hydration. I stopped in at the house and grabbed a bottle of water. I consumed the entire bottle during lap two and tossed it in the yard as I went by on my way to completing mile three.

When I got almost to my house on the final lap the lady across from my house a couple of doors down came flying out her front door and started yelling at me to pick up that bottle I threw in the yard across the way. I looked at her stunned for a moment and then she said, " I saw you throw that bottle in the yard and I thought how rude of you. Please take it with you." With a little laugh I explained that it was my lawn. She of course was very apoligetic not realizing who I was and was just looking out for me. I thought it was funny and am grateful to know that my neighbors look out for me. You just never know who is looking out for you when you are not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment